Sunday, April 28, 2013

A Reason To Run.


This morning I got up at 6 am (dreadfully early for my one sleep in day) to go run a 5K for a family that suffered a terrible loss over four years ago.

This family lost their daughter on the night of her bachelorette party. She and her friends were hit by tractor trailer truck that ran a red light. Out of a limousine full of happy celebratory women only Sunshine, the bride to be, was killed. So tragic that I am at a loss for words. How horrible and tragically unfair is that?

Well, in spite of their loss they decided to hold an annual run/walk in her honor.

Today, with my very good friend Kim, we ran the race and remembered our friends who were taken from us too soon.

With Tyler on my mind I ran the fastest race I ever have. Every time I felt tired or slow I thought of my friend Tyler. Gone at 21 years old, and I smiled for the day I had, the strength in my legs, the sun in my face, and the ability to feel all of the yearning to stop and the discomfort in my running body.

In the end he carried me, inspired me, and got me through 5 kilometers in a record time..

For all of us who have lost someone it is their memory that carries us and guides us through the hard times.

In Sunshine's memory;
http://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/134798177?access_key=key-99zf6k75yvge989eriy

In Tyler's memory;







No comments:

Post a Comment