Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Finding Forever, Inspiration in a Time of Turmoil

Finley

Ten Things Your Animal Companion Wants You to Know  

1. Be faithful – To yourself, to your word, and to your commitment to me. I need to be able to trust you.

2. Be love – Surround yourself with love so you can in turn surround me with unconditional love as I do you.

3. Be clear – Before you ever bring me into your home; be clear with your intent, about what you want, and about what you intend to give back to an animal companion. Then ask yourself if you are ready to do what it takes to care for me.

Charleston
4. Be wise – Know what my needs are. Equip yourself with knowledge about what I require nutritionally, physically, mentally, emotionally and if you can…spiritually. Be creative in finding solutions outside of the traditional. And be aware that I need balance.

5. Be there – Do not bring me into your life if you cannot be there for me physically and emotionally. While I do sleep a good amount, my waking hours without you can sometimes be lonely unless I have another companion.

6. Be aware – Of how I and my needs may change as I grow older. Be cognizant of the slightest changes in my state of being. And be ready to address them holistically.

7. Be kind – Always. I have a reason for everything I do and you may not be aware of my purpose in any given moment.

Jekyll
8. Be compassionate – Your needs and desires are not more important than mine. Always remember that I have a purpose and destiny that is as important to me as yours is to you.

9. Be consistent – With feed, care, nurturing, timing. Patterns are important to me as is knowing what to expect.

10. Be the change – Be the change you want to see in the world. Speak up against abuse and neglect. Help others to change inappropriate attitudes and behaviors. Be a role model for love and compassion.

Find out more about Finding Forever A Book For A Cause

Sundae
This wonderful piece was from the amazing people at From finding forever.org

Magpie
If you love your pet and you would like to help others with their pets please join us at Pawbly.com. Pawbly is a community dedicated to helping animals around the world, and we are committed to doing this for free. Please join us today.

If you would like to follow me on Twitter I'm @FreePetAdvice. Or, I would love to meet you at the clinic, Jarrettsville Veterinary Center in Harford County Maryland.


1 comment:

  1. I love this, thank you for sharing. I will certainly be re-posting it.

    ReplyDelete